Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Back again, this is what my screen says when it decides to shutdown as requested  (Read 2536 times)

Islandmiss

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.  It this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.  It this is a new intallation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any window update you  might need.
If problem continues, disable ore remove any newly installed hardware of software.  disable BIOS memory options such as Caching or Shadowing.  If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, Press F8 to Select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
Technical Information:
***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804DC11D)

Beginning dump of Physical Memory
Physical Memory dump complete
Contact System Administrator or Technical Support Group for further assistance.

Now that's what the whole blue screen says and I get several times daily.
Can anyone help me on this please????
Thanks

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Just a coupla questions (assuming your operating system is XP):

this is what my screen says when it decides to shutdown as requested
Does this mean that the error only occurs when you intentionally shut down the system?

Just prior to this problem starting had you installed any new hardware or software?

Is your version of XP fully updated?

This problem is typically caused by a corrupt driver so if you've installed any hardware drivers recently you might have to reinstall the drivers.

Here is some guidance from the Mother Ship.

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.