Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: anti-virus and spyware for Intel Celeron processor and Comodo firewall  (Read 4445 times)

blueskies

Hi- I have a Dell computer with an Intel Celeron processor with 128MB of RAM and 996hz processor. I downloaded a Comodo firewall. Now I need anti-virus(preferably free) and spyware(preferably free). I checked the system requirements for Avast, AVG, and Comomdo anti-virus and they all require an Intel Pentium processor(or equivalent). Can I still get one of these products with an Intel Celeron processor? Or what anti-virus can I get with an Intel processor? I can't afford to get a new processor right now. ALso, do you know of any registry cleaner that I can download for free that will scan and clean my computer. One more thing, do you recommend more than one spyware program for a computer?

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: anti-virus and spyware for Intel Celeron processor and Comodo firewall
    « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 01:27:30 PM »
    Yes all the software you mention will work with your processor.
    If the processor can run Windows it can run software created for Windows.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 06:23:05 PM »
    For an extra antimalware protection...
    Download, and install free ThreatFire: http://www.threatfire.com/, which will give you real-time protection against malwares.
    It won't interfere with your antivirus, nor firewall.

dairyman

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 06:33:21 PM »
    If you're looking for a registry cleaner then Wise Registry Cleaner will do the job for you. AVG works fine with Intel processors, but I haven't tried it with less than 256MB RAM. As for COMODO Antivirus, isn't that still in BETA?