Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: inserting PDF into a word document  (Read 3164 times)

bardschant

inserting PDF into a word document
« on: February 11, 2008, 02:59:06 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knew how to insert a pdf document into word without it just being a link to a file on my computer or without using.. 'embed as icon'. For example.   I want to have the filename in my document like so:

blah blah blah  filename.pdf blah blah.  And if I click on filename.pdf within the word document it will open up the pdf.  I know how to do this as a simple hyperlink, but then i can only open the pdf on my computer. I need to email this word document and have other people be able to click on it and open the pdf too. any ideas on how this works?

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: inserting PDF into a word document
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 03:18:39 PM »
    I don't think that is possible. PDF is a proprietary format that Word can't even open so I don't really see it doing anything else with a PDF file. And honestly in my mind it would be a huge security risk if Word could open some arbitrary file simply by opening a word document. But then again Microsoft have had their share of huge security mistakes so maybe you can do it.
    But if it was me I would simply attach both of the files to the email and be done with it.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)