Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The Sims Deluxe Edition. Need help!  (Read 4255 times)

DrivingBlind

The Sims Deluxe Edition. Need help!
« on: February 11, 2008, 06:35:03 PM »
After years of having this game, but not being able to use it, I've finally installed it on my laptop. Now I'm filled with a ton of questions. To start off...

1. How do I use Sims I've created the Sims Creator in the game? If you know the answer to this, I need really detailed instructions. I'm not experienced in moving around files or anything, so if it involves something like that, I'll need extra help.

2. I've seen places where you can download extra hairstyles, skins, clothing, faces, etc. Do I need to download the things for Sims 1 or 2, or something special? When I do download them, how do I access them in the Sims Creator?

Thanks for any help, it's appreciated very much!

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: The Sims Deluxe Edition. Need help!
    « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 03:51:54 PM »
    You need to shearch for Sims one they will be iff files any files with the extension package is for Sims 2.  You will need to find where you installed the game under c.  Most of the files you will download are probably going to be iff.  Find a folder called maxis and go into the Sim folder then to downloads and create a file so it can load them.  The Sims characters should be in the families tab.  You need a empty house to put them in.  Theres a tutorial that will show up if you need help when it starts up in the game.  It will take longer to load the game and some mite chrash the game.  I've had that happen.  There are help guides on google if you want to do something like walls and floors.
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 04:18:45 AM by squall_01 »
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

wefr0

Re: The Sims Deluxe Edition. Need help!
    « Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 08:33:24 AM »
    If you browse the web or go to the Sims2 website theres premaid lots and houses and other stuff like cars hairstyle and skins.