Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How Can we Disable the windows Security Alert Icon?  (Read 2500 times)

Farahmand

Topic Starter

Rookie

How Can we Disable the windows Security Alert Icon?
    « on: February 26, 2008, 05:37:08 PM »
    Hello dear All!

How can I disable the windows security alert Icon through or using windows Registry Editor or using Group Policy (Gpedit.msc)?

Please look at this picture:

I can disable this icon using windows Security Center but i want to know how can I disable it using windows Registry Editor or using Group Policy (Gpedit.msc)?

Please help me because I really need this method of disabling.

Regards
    Farahmand!

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: How Can we Disable the windows Security Alert Icon?
    « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:11:28 PM »
    Are you familiar with services?
    If you do not use Security Center, you might consider removing its service. Its simply titled "security center" . You can press the WindowsKey+R and then type:

MSCONFIG

and go to the Services tag, and uncheck"Security Center". If you are not familiar with the computer, write these down in case something goes absolutely terribly wrong and you have to get it back using Safe Mode. It is the exact reverse, you just click the checkbox again.

Now, much as I may dislike pirating, if you did anything to modify the Windows Logon file or disable WGA, whether with good legal reasoning or not, I dont recommend you do this. (Not saying you did, but a lot of people who have had problems "activating" Windows either because they installed it on their new computer, or whatever, have gone the route of bypassing it..)

Note:
    Security center happens to be an extremely good program when you need to be yelled at since you are browsing the net without antivirus, or firewall. The only excuse to not have firewall is if your insane. Windows Firewall works great, no matter what many others say. Its built in, for one, meaning directly intergraded, and its frequently updated, unlike Sygate and other older but nice firewalls. Even over dialup, basic firewall should be used. As for Antivirus, viruses come in small packages, and get on by only visiting a website now-a-days.

As for Windows Updates:
    Though they may seem evil, they are important. They fix many bugs and random issues that will/can occur with your system. If you want to keep things running at their best, be sure to install your updates.

Security center is not memory intensive. Its not going to free many resources by doing something as you are attempting.

Wow! I could write that into an Frequently Asked Question article.

Farahmand

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: How Can we Disable the windows Security Alert Icon?
      « Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 10:08:55 AM »
      Hi dear friend!

Thanks for your Explanations.

one of my friends asked this question (How Can we Disable the windows Security Alert Icon using windows Registry?) from me.I am not a hacker and I never use my skills in bad ways.

thanks again my friend.

Regards
      Farahmand