Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer boot time, bios, and xp all have become extremely slow! please read!  (Read 2299 times)

Feralie

Topic Starter

Starter

Yes i was orignally using a ide 120 gig hard drive but i ran outta room so i decided to buy a seagate 320 gig sata hard drive, when popped it in and installed it as additional storage, my loading time was nuts, it took about 2 minutes to get past motherboard loading and it took about 3 - 4 minutes to load the windows xp past the logo screen, after that it ran fine just the boot times were driving me nuts, then my cousin let me use his 320 gig ide hard drive with all of mine and now it works fine.

so in short i
    1. add sata hard drive (boot times slowed way down)
    2. add cousins 320 ide hard drive to it (made it run normal again

i took his hard drive out again and it does the same thing so is there a problem with my sata drive, i was just wondering because i cant even install xp on it without it giving me the "ntldr missing" this makes me confused please help! and thank you:P
    oh and my set up now is 1 ide 120 gig hard drive, 1 320 gig seagate sata hard drive, and 1 IDE 320 gig hard drive.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Did you install the SATA drivers for that drive ? ?
    They are available on your MBoard drivers CD or at the MBoard manuf. website...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Feralie

Topic Starter

Starter

im pretty sure i did:P and then i would like to figure out WHY i get the 'missing ntldr" when i install a clean copy of xp on my sata..