Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP wont start, Black Screen  (Read 2872 times)

darkdragos

Topic Starter

XP wont start, Black Screen
    « on: March 07, 2008, 02:12:53 PM »
    Ok, so the other night i was using my PC just fine, I turned the system off and went to bed. The next morning when i turned the PC on it wouldent boot up. I get the screen where it shows your CD drives and such and then it tells me there was a system error and how do i want to start windows, safe mode, normal, last settings that worked ext, ive tryed all the settings on that page and the screen just turns black and wont go any further. Yesterday I tryed to turn it on and it randomly worked i got my desktop up, ran system restores to a week prior to the problem occuring and figured my problems were fixed, I played some PC games surfed the internet and everything worked fine. UNTILL i turned the PC off... next time i turned it on same problem black screen ext... this is extreamly anoying help!

basic system specs.

-Windows XP home SP 2
    -AMD athlon 2200 1.8g
    -radion 128mb graphics card
    - 1gig ram
    - some 80gig HHD

If you need any extra info to help me figure out my problem just lemme know and i'll domy best to get yah the info you need.

i really need my PC since i take all my classes online and need to beable to accese my files.

thanks alot =D

neljan

Adviser

• Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: XP wont start, Black Screen
    « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 12:56:12 AM »
    Sounds like you have malware...

Please read this.

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 04:05:03 AM »
    Have you tried system restore again?
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

neljan

Adviser

• Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 04:11:59 AM »
    If it is malware, it may also be in the restore files. Best to check that the system is clean.

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 04:13:28 AM »
    If it is malware, it may also be in the restore files. Best to check that the system is clean.

Hmmm... A good idea ;D
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano