Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Operating System Not Found  (Read 2620 times)

PeepShow

Operating System Not Found
« on: March 09, 2008, 06:06:53 PM »
Hi peeps, I am bad with computers so bear with me please. My Windows XP laptop has been going nuts over the last few days, specifically windows 'encountering a problem' or 'finding an error' and shutting down. Last night was one of those deals again, the computer froze so I tried restarting it, I tried a few times as it was slow to restart and once on the desktop page it froze again, finally when it froze again as it was restarting I unplugged the power cable and the battery so that it would turn off. After about an hour, when I started my computer again it has been doing this same thing til now, it goes to Managed PC Boot Agent MBA 4.36, and Pre Boot Execution Creation PXE 2.43 and then it lists PXE E.53 'no boot filename received', and then on a blank screen it says 'operating system not found'. Obviously my main concern is if I can get back my files on the C; drive, so could anyone tell me what's up with this situation? Thank you.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Operating System Not Found
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 02:18:40 AM »
Welcome to the CH forums.

Try this..

Good luck.
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.