Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sony Laptop wont recognize sony plugin cd rom drive  (Read 2425 times)

dramin

Sony Laptop wont recognize sony plugin cd rom drive
« on: March 10, 2008, 06:37:54 PM »
I am currently trying to install an os on my laptop.
I was having some viral problems before so i deleted the partition with a win 98 se boot disk, then formatted C: with the same boot disk that i got from bootdisk.com
when i try to boot the computer with the boot disk in it says driver not found and takes me to a: where i can access the boot disk and also i can go to C:, but this is not my problem. I have a win98se installation cd but when i put it in my external cd rom drive that plugs into my sony laptop via a cd rom interface pc card it doesnt recognize the cd drive ( i have tried all drive letter ) i plug in the cd rom drive and reboot the computer and the external drive has power and looks to be reading the cd but nothing comes up. I can access a: and b: when the external floppy drive is plugged in but a: and b: are both accessing the boot disk in the floppy. I am currently downloading a win xp cd and going to try that but i dont think the computer will recognize it, any suggestions?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Sony Laptop wont recognize sony plugin cd rom drive
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 12:19:49 PM »
It will not recognise a USB external CD drive without drivers being loaded.
Does the internal CD drive work ?
If so that should run properly.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "