Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Front USB not working  (Read 3271 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Front USB not working
    « on: March 14, 2008, 03:51:09 AM »
    Pentium 4 Socket 478, Intel SE7210TP1-E Sever Board, DDR RAM 1 GB, SATA Drives 160 GB 300 GB, HDA Digital X Mystique 7.1 Gold, Radeon X1300

I'm having problems since I have changed this over too a new board.  I tried both usb headers and the front usb still aren't working an I'm plugging them accordingly
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Front USB not working
      « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 10:39:16 AM »
      I tried disconnecting it and reconnecting it
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 12:20:28 PM »
        Any idea's?  I'm not going to stand up an say you fail at life for not answering.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 01:29:26 PM »
          You fail!  :-X

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 06:10:46 AM »
            Kdding?  Anyone?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »
              Is it possible for them to go bad even thought there pluged into the header correctly?

david68

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 06:14:36 PM »
                I have AN HP A600Y that had all of the usb ports dive suddenly. Turns out the usb controller chip died. I had to install a usb pci card.

david68

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 06:17:36 PM »
                  Sorry, meant to say died suddenly :P.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 06:22:14 PM »
                    Well the back ones work.  Wont they die too?

david68

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 07:18:56 PM »
                      what do you see in device manager under usb? Also are you using a known good cable between the front ports and the mobo? Also have you tried more than 1 device on the front ports?