Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista service pack 1 .... what will it bring?  (Read 2997 times)

elxr06

Windows Vista service pack 1 .... what will it bring?
« on: March 16, 2008, 08:01:31 PM »
Official word is that vista's service pack 1 is coming out on march 18th to users who visit windows update or microsoft's download center with the exception of those windows update users with problematic drivers detected.

Now, what will windows vista's sp1 bring? Hopefully a lot more speed and fixes and a lot less errors. My dad's old pentium 3 with 950MHZ processor from 7 years ago  loaded with windows 2000 was winning the race when shutting down the computers at the same time.... NOT GOOD.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Windows Vista service pack 1 .... what will it bring?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 09:25:32 PM »
There are several threads about SP1 in Computer News: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,17.0.html

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Windows Vista service pack 1 .... what will it bring?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:28:58 PM »
If your expecting SP1 for Vista to speed up shutdown times than you're looking for the wrong solutions,
I'm not sure about the comparisons to Win2k but boot times and shutdown times are not a true barometer of how an OS performs....
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "