Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: missing scrollbar  (Read 3242 times)

Kryptonite

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• It's not hard to tell where MY head is at
    missing scrollbar
    « on: March 18, 2008, 07:31:22 AM »
    Firefox vs: 2.0.0.12

The scrollbar is missing.

It was there one day and gone the next. Did nothing more than shut down my laptop ( Gateway XP AMD Athlon 64, 1 gig ram, 90 gig HD ) and restart it a few hours later.

i know that listing all of the particulars of the computer where the problem exists is recommended and i am making a copy in word pad after i post this here now. But another question is why is so much information necessary to figure out why a scrollbar is missing? Does, make, model, hd size, ram size, sound card, graphic card, etc etc etc matter on certain problems?
    Os seems to make sense and chip set makes sense, but some of the other things puzzle me.
    Thanks, BTW i can not see what i am typing now because it is below my field of view and using the up/down arrorrow must be extending the typing area...hopefully hitting enter will post this question.
    Thanks
    The best sayings that sum me up in a nut shell depends on the obvious which more often than not is obscured by the talk of the day which sounds a lot like  gnat-thing.

Deerpark

Egghead
      Re: missing scrollbar
      « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:55:48 AM »
      Try creating a new Firefox profile. If the scrollbar reappear we now it is a profile settings that's been messed up.
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: missing scrollbar
      « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 07:40:26 PM »
      why is so much information necessary to figure out why a scrollbar is missing? Does, make, model, hd size, ram size, sound card, graphic card, etc etc etc matter on certain problems?
      That information list is very general. You tailor it to what you think is necessary.
      Some people just post 2-3 words, as a question, and expect us to have some crystal ball...