Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A4 Tech KBS-26 wired keyboard - navig-wheel problem  (Read 5036 times)

DannyPop

Topic Starter

A4 Tech KBS-26 wired keyboard - navig-wheel problem
    « on: March 29, 2008, 02:07:23 PM »
    I bought a KBS-26 A4Tech wired keyboard and the navig-wheel bar (basically a scroll wheel) works in a few apps only (ie7, acrobat reader, word) with the driver from the CD it came with (ikeyworks 7.76). A4Tech recently posted a new driver on their website (7.80) and, surprise surprise, the "navig-wheel" configuration tab just disappeared. If this is the way A4Tech solves issues...  ::) Of course, I emailed their support last month and no response. So, if you guys experienced the same issue and managed to somehow make it work, please, please tell me. That wheel is one of the reasons I bought the keyboard in the first place. I had a keyboard like this a few years ago, but it was in a wireless desktop kit (the KB(S)-2680RP) and it worked flawlessly.
    I run Windows XP SP2.
    Thanks!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: A4 Tech KBS-26 wired keyboard - navig-wheel problem
    « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 05:37:30 PM »
    Un-install it in Device Manager and re-boot and install the original drivers...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DannyPop

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 01:27:41 AM »
      If I do that it will just bring the navig-wheel functionality back to that few apps that I mentioned.
      I want it to work in all "scrollable" windows. :D 

I also noticed that if I change the speed of the scrolling for the navig-wheel, it also modifies the scrolling speed of the wheel on my mouse... Hm. I guess it's a conflict between the two scrolling wheels.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 08:11:23 AM »
      If I do that it will just bring the navig-wheel functionality back to that few apps that I mentioned.
      I want it to work in all "scrollable" windows. Cheesy 

It will only do this if the hardware itself is designed well enough...doesn't sound as if they are very good at writing drivers
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "