Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MotoKRZR Phone  (Read 10547 times)

Zylstra

Topic Starter

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
MotoKRZR Phone
« on: April 04, 2008, 12:25:19 AM »
Device Name: MOTOKRZR Phone (Or, just the KRZR, some people call it the Crazer)
Device group: Phone, portable device, telecommunications
Price: $29 with 2 year service contract
Condition Bought In: New. Bought it off the Verizon site

My feedback:
This device works great, I am really quite impressed. Personally, I am not a big cell phone fan, but, this phone has really changed my opinions quite a bit. It is able to play MP3 files with a special audio converter (after you go through the rather confusing setup to get it connected to the computer)  (dont get it from Verizon though, and dont get the generic version, just get it off eBay).

This device is GPS capable (from what I read) and can use the VZ Navigator program (subscription fees apply)

Pros:
Fast power on/off
MP3 player
Great built in speaker sound quality (considering how small it is)
Easy to see screen
Charges relatively quickly
Stays charged for quite a while (reception varies in my area, so, I dont have an exact time for how long it keeps running)
Came with car charger, as well as wall charger.
Buttons on the front of the phone to switch songs, button on the side for volume

Cons:
Did not come with audio converter
Did not come with USB cable
Did not come with software installation CD
The buttons on my phone leave a slight imprint on the screen, not damaging, but, sometimes needs to be wiped off
Catches fingerprints easily on the outside, making the outer screen a bit harder to see.

Would I recommend it?
Yes. Great phone. It cant do everything, but, it certainly works well for the "average Jo"

Overall rating:
4/5

Thing that disappointed me the most:
It didnt come with the cables, or audio converter, or software. This greatly disappointed me, as I had to find them myself.

Image (C) Motorola

Additional:
If you go to get a audio converter, do NOT go with the Generic versions. I bought one (and got a second replacement for free) and neither worked. Also, dont get one from Verizon, they are way to expensive ($14 for something like that? No way!)
Ask your friendly Radio Shack or BestBuy representative if they have anything. You can check eBay for the Verizon converter as well.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
Re: MotoKRZR Phone
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 12:28:35 AM »
Fantastic review!  ;D and exactly what I hope to have other users contribute to this section.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Zylstra

Topic Starter

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
Re: MotoKRZR Phone
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 12:29:38 AM »
Fantastic review!  ;D and exactly what I hope to have other users contribute to this section.
Though... I didn't "read first" :)
Posted before you made that. (Caught the board creation at the right time)