Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: REQ: A network share file transfere/manager  (Read 1991 times)

Deerpark

Topic Starter

Egghead
    REQ: A network share file transfere/manager
    « on: April 05, 2008, 06:35:33 AM »
    Hello fellow members. :)
    I'm currently in a siltation where I need to copy a large number of files from several directories on a Windows machine to a network drive. The files will be copied using the standard Windows file sharing protocol.
    Anyone who have ever tried to do this with the standard Explorer copy function know how horribly unsuited it is for such a task.

I need a is a program that can do the followling:
    - Enqueue several copy jobs.
    - I may need to abort a transfer from time to time so the program should be able to handle resumes in an intelligent way. I.e. instead of prompting me every time it tries to copy a file that already exist on the destination drive, it should be able to determine on its own what to do. (Skip if the files are identical, else overwrite.)

Basically these are features you would expect from any decent FTP client but I have so far been unable to find one that can do the same for network shares.
    So I'm hoping someone here knows just the program I need.
    Freeware would be nice, but if the software is good enough I wouldn't mind paying for it either. And the program needs to be compatible with XP.
    Any suggestions are welcome.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)