Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: recovering email account info (messages, address book) from external drive  (Read 1796 times)

thomenglish

Hi This is my first post here. I searched first and didn't find anything, so I hope I'm not repeating. Anyway...
I just bought a Dell Inspiron because my 5-year-old Gateway crashed. I was able to save the hard drive from the old computer and have it in an enclosure and hooked to the new one through a USB. I know nothing about partitioning, so I haven't done anything other than plug the old drive in.
OK, my question concerns getting my saved email messages and address books from the old drive. I have two email accounts and two different email programs: Outlook and Outlook Express. The old drive (the new external drive) appears to be working fine and I am able to access my documents and other files (thank God!) but I'm just wondering about email.
Thanks y'all

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Welcome Thom...

You should be able to Import both Outlook and Outlook Express info including old emails...
By all means don't do anything to change the drive.
Be patient and Soybean or one of our other Outlook experts will be along shortly with instructions...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "