Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ccleaner/ver2.05.  (Read 2450 times)

litespeed14

Topic Starter

Beginner

Ccleaner/ver2.05.
    « on: April 07, 2008, 04:11:13 AM »
    Does anyone know how to fix the registry after this program has been run (Ccleanerv2.05.). The ikons that are usualy in the the right side of the desktop do not boot up right after running this program. Sys Restore does not help and have checked Hi-jack This, nothing unusual..unless I missed something.

Win XP SP2 32bit  home ver.
    AMD 3200 64
    Thanks in advance!

Jay

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Ccleaner/ver2.05.
      « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 04:52:50 AM »
      Did you make a back up of the registry?  It should have prompted you too.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

litespeed14

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 05:07:15 AM »
        yes but its 3 days old and I cant go back past the 4th after sys restore changed mo's. mine always drops the previous month, "should have fix that by now, if it can be".

Jay.

Deerpark

Egghead
          « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 07:30:53 AM »
          Huh?
          The registry backups CCleaner creates are not system restore points. They're .reg files you save somewhere on your hard drive. All you need to do, to restore one of these backups is to double click the backup and choose Yes in the dialog that pops up.
          Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

litespeed14

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 03:44:08 AM »
            Thanks!

Jay