Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unseen Hard disk space usage  (Read 2417 times)

chrys_03

Topic Starter

Rookie

Unseen Hard disk space usage
    « on: April 17, 2008, 10:24:26 PM »
    Hi, I have a problem with my temporary internet folder because it has a 4 gig file in it.  I have erased everything in this folder and checked the show hidden file in the options menu but the folder still holds huge amount of data that is nowhere to be seen.

I suspect that other folders in my pc have the same problem. I have updated my avg antivirus and i also have a spybot and zone alarm program running. 

I had the same problem before and the only remedy I can think of is to reformat my hard disk but I don't want to go through the same process again this time.

Hope you guys can help. Its eating up a huge space in my disk that I only have 200mb of free space.

cryhelp

Hopeful
    • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
      Re: Unseen Hard disk space usage
      « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:36:15 AM »
      Does the folder show to be empty?  If so and nothing is seen how do you know it's there?  Temporary internet file can be emptied by clicking tools, then deleting cookies and then files including offline content.  If you have done this did you click settings, then show files?  If so what did you see? If nothing click objects and look there, you will have option of deleting those objects but be very carefull what you delete or you will need to reinstall.
      "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

chrys_03

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 02:40:05 AM »
        Hey... thanks a lot cryhelp... whew!!! i deleted the files including the offline content... I was amazed that it was holding that huge amount of data... i finally got back my 4gig free space...

cryhelp

Hopeful
        • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
          « Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 05:59:07 AM »
          That's great. ;D
          "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain