Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer wont turn on  (Read 4309 times)

cadsmarts

Computer wont turn on
« on: January 31, 2005, 11:21:17 AM »
I shutdown my comp last night and this morning I tried to turn it on. It started for about 5 seconds then sut off.
Now when I push the power button I get absolutly nothing... no power at all.

Thanx,
Cadsmarts

Computer_Commando

Re: Computer wont turn on
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »
Remove power cord from computer for 1 minute, then reattach and see what happens when you push power button.

cadsmarts

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 01:16:54 PM »
Nope....Nothing.....Any othe suggestions?

Thanx,

Cadsmarts

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 02:52:43 PM »
    Hello how are you? There are many causes due to which your computer wont turn ON.
    -> It is possible that you power button has been disconnected from the wire so uncover your CPU and see. If it is then econnec it properly.
    -> May be your power socket is not working properly. So make sure that power is going on you home socket.
    -> May be your computer's internal power cable has been disconnected. So remove it from the power connectors on your motherboad and clean any dust and then connect it.
    -> May be the outer power supply cables which are connected to your CPU power supply is not working properly so check it will different power cable.
    -> Last it is possible the POWER SUPPLY is not working properly. So let any technition to test your computer's power supply.

REMEMBER TO UNPLUG THE MAIN POWER CABLE OF YOUR COMPUTER FROM THE SOCKET OF YOUR HOME.

Hope this will solve your problem. Take care of you and others and dont worry and be happy :)

Bye...:)
    Dur-E-Wahab
    do take care of you and others

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 03:37:48 PM »
    Always search this website before posting.  Click on the following:
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000312.htm

bootzy

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 06:17:10 PM »
    Not sure if this is the problem, but I had the same problem once and it turned out that my power supply was bad...it just stopped working i guess, so I got a new power supply and it worked fine.