Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Found New Hardware Wizard  (Read 2843 times)

dlwabond

Topic Starter

Starter

Found New Hardware Wizard
    « on: April 20, 2008, 01:35:58 PM »
    Hello,

I installed a Fisher-Price kids game that connects via a USB port.  After uninstalling the program via "add/remove software", every time CPU is rebooted the "found new hardware wizard" begins and a pop-up window from the system tray states "unable to complete installation of other PCI Bridge device".  I close these 2 warnings down and carry on as usual but I am frustrated with having to do so.

Start/control panel/system/hardware/device manager/SCSI and RAID controllers shows a "other PCI Bridge Device" with a red x over the small icon.  I have right clicked and attempted to delete, and have right clicked and disabled, both multiple times, yet every reboot the same thing happens.

Averatec laptop w xp service pack 2, amd sempron 3300, 500 Ram, blahahblah

Thanks in advance............

Dias de verano

Re: Found New Hardware Wizard
    « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 02:14:21 PM »
    Is the game still plugged in?

dlwabond

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 07:40:24 AM »
      Hi,

Thanks for replying, no the game is not plugged in, nor has it been for over 5 months.  My wife tells me the same thing has been happening at startup ever since day one the software was installed on the cpu.  I have tried to reinstall then uninstall with and without the disk and with windows xp to no avail- its like the cpu is still trying to connect to the game even though its not their and I have uninstalled the games software.  Could this be a corrupt or incomplete driver still lurking?

cryhelp

Hopeful
      • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
        « Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 08:49:10 AM »
        I have had this problem before after a remove.  I went to search for the file and found some still lurking and deleted from there and solved the problem.
        "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

dlwabond

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 09:34:36 AM »
          I have very limited knowledge of how to find these hidden files, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated-

cryhelp

Hopeful
          • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
            « Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 02:39:19 PM »
            click on start, then click search, click c drive and all files and folders including hidden.  Then type in name of program and hit enter.
            "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain