Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Display/Computer Problems.  (Read 2429 times)

shadowjhunter

Display/Computer Problems.
« on: April 24, 2008, 04:38:54 AM »
Hey everyone. I'm having some problems with my computer. Here's my situation.

I turned on my computer, and upon loading up with the windows loading screen, my screen turned off and said 'No Signal'. I tried again thinking something must have happened. It did the same thing. After hours of trying all I could think of, I had no choice but to restart the whole system.

I reloaded windows, and it all loaded up. So far, so good. All that was left was to install the video card. Half way through installing the video card driver, the screen went funny (flashing a couple of moments), then turned off and said 'No Signal'.

I was now very confused. I tried again, but to no anvil. I know what you're thinking: 'Ah, must be the video card then.' Alas, I went and bought a new video card. I put it in and reinstalled windows. Half way through installing the driver, the screen went funny, turned off and said 'No Signal'.

Help, someone, help! I don't know what's happened.

EDIT: Everything was working fine (as it has been for the last year) until yesterday.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 05:02:25 AM by shadowjhunter »

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Display/Computer Problems.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 08:45:16 AM »
Did you try to put video card in another slot?

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Display/Computer Problems.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:14:40 PM »
What's the make and model of all of your hardware?