Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Card problems Need Help PLz!!  (Read 3791 times)

Trip

Video Card problems Need Help PLz!!
« on: February 01, 2005, 06:54:18 PM »
Ok well about a year ago i bought a GeForce 2 Mx/Mx 400, i had it installed in to my Emachine, Well i have recieved a newer computer, (Compaq Presario 1.1 GHZ) well i am wanting to swap my GeForce 2 in to this computer, I have attempted before to take it out, and place it in this one, and i have had it in my Compaq but, my mom is using my Emachine just to search the web and well, it comes up with a display error everytime you log in, and well it won't keep any settings you put in, it puts it in 640x480 16 colors, which my mom doesn't like this, So only way i can get it to stop doing this is putting the Ge Force back in to the Emachine, How can i take it out, and have it use the graphic card that it has, i believe its a ATI Rage Pro, i have tried delete all display hardware from the device manager, and well it started up and well it wouldn't detect the ATI Rage, i put it back in the Geforce and it detected both at the same time, I would love any help on how I can get this in to my Compaq as i use it to game now instead of my old Emachine, Sorry for such a long post, but thanks for any help.

Trip

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Video Card problems Need Help PLz!!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 06:31:11 PM »
Have you properly installed your drivers for the card? Also.... That was quite a risk that you took there... Taking and older card, and putting it into a new computer, or a new card into an old computer, is NOT very safe... It might nt be compatible.... ALWAYS consult your computer manufacturer before making any upgrades...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Trip

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 11:55:34 AM »
ok, the Geforce2 Mx/Mx 400 was put in about a year or so ago, and well about 6 months ago i got my Compaq, and i am justing wanting to swap the Geforce in to my Compaq, but i want my Emachine to run off its original video card, I have checked with everything, it is compatiable with both my computers, and i have had the Geforce in my new computer for about a month while my mom wasn't using my old Emachine, but now she is, and i need to find out, how i can have it run right off the old video card, does this help you all any? If not ask me what yah need to know, so i can figure this out and run my Geforce 2 in my Compaq so my games run smoother, thanks Trip

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 01:57:28 PM »
    Hello, how are you? Well friend, I think first try to disable the builtin or onboard video card in your compaq system before instaling GFORCE card. If this will solve your problem then ok otherwise you have to make sure that you are running the same operating system on your Compaq as on the older system. Secondly, make sure that, your GFORCE is fully compatable with your Compaq system. Also try to download latest driver for your video card.

Hope this will completely solve your problem. Take care of you and others and be happy.
    Bye...:)
    Dur-E-Wahab
    do take care of you and others

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 03:25:05 PM »
    The best way to find out if the card is compatible is to contact the system manufacturer...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Trip

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 02:20:36 PM »
    ok i have had it in my compaq, my new computer, it runs perfect, its just when its in my compaq my old computer the Emachine won't run right with its builtin video card, My compaq is fine, i just need to figure out why, when i let my Emachine run off its built in video card, why does it, keep setting the display back down to the lowest setting, everytime you log in to it, you get a message saying display setting are not compatiable or something, and that you need to readjust the settigs, i do the resetting, and then it has to restart, and well it just comes back up again, with no chance, what causes this? I just need my Emachine running off its Builtin Video card, so i can use my Geforce, on my Compaq, if only my mom didn't want my old computer err, i wouldn't have this problem, but she has to use it, lol, so plz guys help me out.