Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why isnt my help and support or my search working on windows xp?  (Read 3121 times)

shannenon

Topic Starter

My help and support isnt working either is my search on windows ep...it wont let me log on to email or play games...page will load up and thats all.

cryhelp

Hopeful
    • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
      Re: Why isnt my help and support or my search working on windows xp?
      « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 04:59:45 PM »
      Need computer info in order to try & help:
      In meantime:  First you should check that the help and support service is running ,to do this first click on start then click on run, In the run dialog box type in" services.msc "

In the window that opens up scroll down until you see "help and support" then check the status to see if it is active. If it says disabled double click on help and support listing and from the dialog box that pops up select automatic for the start up type and then click on apply.click on the start button on the same dialog box to start help and support then click on OK.See if help and support comes up when you try to start it. If that fails check out the following two sites and please list computer info.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888018/en-us
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873158/en-us

"Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

shannenon

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 06:37:28 PM »
        I TRIED ALL THAT..DIDNT WORK, WHAT INFO DO U NEED?

Broni

Mastermind
        • Kraków my love :)
          • Computer Help Forum
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 07:48:16 PM »

cryhelp

Hopeful
        • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
          « Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 10:29:23 AM »
          I TRIED ALL THAT..DIDNT WORK, WHAT INFO DO U NEED?   Ohhh Yelling hurts my ears.  Normally info needed is; type of machine, system, ram, free space, etc.  you get the picture.  The more info the better chance someone can help you.  But Broni already gave you another site.  good luck
          "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain