Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with Microsoft Office 2003 please  (Read 3113 times)

chutneyferret

Topic Starter

Help with Microsoft Office 2003 please
    « on: April 28, 2008, 02:07:34 PM »
    I got an update from windows a few days ago about needing an update for microsoft office 2003. I clicked on the update and it told me that i needed the disk to continue with the update, which i dont have. It says the registration ran out in 2004???

Now i cant do anything with my word documents because i need to put in the 25 key number in, which once again i dont have. Any suggestions would be most welcome as i desperatley need word for my work.

Thanks in advance.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Help with Microsoft Office 2003 please
    « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 07:51:11 PM »
    If you had an Office CD and key, you'll need to find it. We can't give you any method to circumvent this.

NOT ADMIN :P

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:30:18 PM »
      I just wrote out detailed steps how to get around this and then remembered that "policy".

But it sounds like you had a 1 year licence to office 2003.

You may need to extend your licence.

Or even buy office 2007.

What is the going price on MS office 07?

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 04:02:42 AM »
        It depends on how 03 was installed.  DO you know if it was a cd or a download???
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 07:22:14 AM »
        It depends on how 03 was installed.  DO you know if it was a cd or a download???
        Microsoft did not distribute Office 2003 via download.  So, if it was downloaded, it's probably illegal/pirated software.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 12:39:13 PM »
        try out openoffice. It's a free, non-microsoft, office suite that can work with word files and other ms office files.
        http://openoffice.org

Soriano

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 05:32:35 PM »
          Office 07 standard edition is going for $325 on amazon but I'm sure you could get it a bit cheaper. 

As far as your problem goes your kind of out of luck from my experience. M$ is very unforgiving and will not help.  Your best solution is probably to go on ebay and get a new CD key.  Or buy the newer 07.  I know its frustrating but there is really very little you can do.

chutneyferret

Topic Starter

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 01:37:41 PM »
            Hi, thanks for all the replies. It was an original copy we installed, that's why we dont understand it.

I installed Open Office the other day and we're fairly happy with it.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 02:39:57 PM »
              Could be a trial version
              Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres