Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to get rid of Faronics Deep Freeze software??? Any idea??? Getting fedup  (Read 8734 times)

globalpal_ooty

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Computer Crazy
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Hi,

I have the habit of downloading different softwares from freeware sites and testing it.  I happened to instal Faronics Deep Freeze.  Check the details of that software if u have not tested it from http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp.  This program no matter what changes are made, it will reset the computer to its original state when restarted.  I installed this software without knowing this into my personal computer.  Now I wanted to uninstall some other softwares, delete some files.  I am able to do these uninstallations & deletions, but when restarted the same softwares n files gets restored.  There is no option given for uninstalling this Faronics Deep Freeze software.  That software does not show up in Control
Panel -> Add or remove programs too...I tried deleting it from program files, but again this software restores again when restarted  :'(. Now I'm not able to delete any files or uninstal any softwares from my personal system.. Is there any other way to get rid of it...How do i uninstal this Faronics Deep Freeze software.  Could you pls someone over here given a solution on on this????......

Thanks,

Regards,
Victor
Victor Solomon Raja

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
From http://www.faronics.com/faq/#1:

1. Deep Freeze is installed on my machine. I would like to uninstall it. How is this done?

To uninstall the software Deep Freeze must first be disabled and then uninstalled.

To disable Deep Freeze:

1. Hold down the shift key and double-click on the Deep Freeze icon. Alternatively, you can press Crtl-Alt-Shift-F6. You should now see a password dialog.
   2. Enter your password and click OK. If you have not yet entered a password you should be able to click OK without entering anything. You should now see a dialog with boot options.
   3. Select "Boot thawed" and click OK. This will disable Deep Freeze on the next reboot.
   4. Reboot your machine. After the machine reboots you are ready to uninstall Deep Freeze.

To uninstall:

1. Locate the installation file you used to install Deep Freeze to this machine. By default the name of this file is called "DF5Std.exe" for versions 5.X and "DF6Std.exe" for versions 6.X.
   2. Run the installation file (DF5Std.exe or DF6Std.exe).
   3. Select the option to "Uninstall"
   4. The software should uninstall and reboot the machine. When the machine reboots, Deep Freeze should be uninstalled.

globalpal_ooty

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Computer Crazy
  • Experience: Experienced
Thanks buddy,,,I successfully disabled it and uninstalled it... :D
Victor Solomon Raja