Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AVG 8.0.1 Preventing attachment and torrent file downloads  (Read 3840 times)

gideon9595

Topic Starter

Hi Folks,

I have a VISTA Home Premium 32 bit PC. Windows version 6. (I have no idea what that means)
    I downloaded the newer version of AVG Free 8.0.1.
    And it looks fantastic and is far more user friendly.
    Except....I can't download my email attachments or torrent files.
    I can download images....the right click save to desktop.
    I have headed to tools/advanced settings I have turned off search-shield via the link scanner and turned off the email scanner.
    I have no idea why this is not working...(ha ha Thats why I am asking you clever guys and girls for help)
    Any assistance would be great!  I have some work files I need to download....and not sure that AVG is going to give me a free pass with the boss for a lazy weekend. :)

Cheers

Gidz

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: AVG 8.0.1 Preventing attachment and torrent file downloads
    « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 10:06:52 AM »
    I can't download my email attachments or torrent files.
    What exactly happens?

gideon9595

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 04:39:42 AM »
      What happens...

Okay...I click on the link where it will say download attachment or download torrent etc.
      It brings up the box where I get to choose the location where the file needs to be saved to.
      I point to a folder, desktop etc...and then click OK/Save
      From there it looks as though its going to dlownload, there are few kbs of data downloaded and then it shuts down. Nothing is saved and no messages pop up stating that the dnload was blocked.
      I also noticed that the new chat function on FACEBOOK has stopped working for aswell.
      I just uninstalled AVG and restared  nd everything is working again...except that I am now unprotected.
      I hope this helps explain my situation.

Cheers

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 10:10:24 AM »
      There has been a lot of problems reported around the net about new AVG. I had serious installation problems myself.
      Try free Avast: http://www.avast.com/

cryhelp

Hopeful
      • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
        « Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 10:51:57 AM »
        http://www.avast.com/    I had trouble with AVG also and downloaded avast and think I like it better than avg.
        "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain