Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard Error - Not Keyboard - Mouse Freezes When Plug in Keyboard  (Read 3168 times)

tommy21pmp

Topic Starter

Starter

I get a keyboard error message on boot up whether it is plugged in or not. Once I plug in the keyboard the mouse freezes immediately and the keyboard still does not work. Then I can't do anything and have to restart. I have tried multiple keyboards, none work on this system but they all work on others.

What is going on? I'm sick of using the onscreen keyboard!

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      What does the error say / when does the error come up / are you using a PS/2 keyboard / have you tried a USB keyboard?

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

tommy21pmp

Topic Starter

Starter

Error comes up immediately in first booting screen whether it is plugged in or not. No I have not tried a USB keyboard. I really want to fix the problem rather than overt it. Error says "Keyboard Error." I just think that it is extremely odd that the mouse freezes from plugging in the keyboard.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        These devices are not designed to be plugged in/out while the power is on...you haven't been doing this have you   ? ?
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "