Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my computer isnt detecting my speakers  (Read 3371 times)

hydro727

Topic Starter

my computer isnt detecting my speakers
    « on: May 17, 2008, 11:20:31 AM »
    i have a 2003 Gateway MEDIA CENTER XL with a Sound Blaster Audigy II Audio with IEEE 1394 sound card and Boston Acoustics BA745 2.1 Analog speakers, for some reason my speakers stopped working and if i check my audio devices in the control panel it says that there are no audio devices connected

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: my computer isnt detecting my speakers
      « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 11:35:51 AM »
      Did you try reinstalling the driver  ::)
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

hydro727

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 01:23:30 PM »
        ya, didnt work

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 01:46:30 PM »
          Did you check the settings an connections an make sure there all right?
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Crafty

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 05:49:14 PM »
          Does that sound card show up in device manager and if so does it show up as working correctly?