Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PCI-E Bus Slot for NVidia Ge-Force 8500 not installed?  (Read 2623 times)

liambiscuit

Topic Starter

Hopeful

PCI-E Bus Slot for NVidia Ge-Force 8500 not installed?
    « on: May 18, 2008, 04:35:39 PM »
    O.K., I bought a NVidia GE-Force 8500 a few hours ago... But when I opened my PC the PCI Express Bus Port was not installed (better usage - THe slot doesn't exist... I Have a spot to place one, but not one installed)... Is it possible to install the Graphics Card in another Bus Port (I have one other one, looks sort of like so:

----  ----------------------

However the graphics card is too long for this port and placed the other way around

----------------------  ----

(NOTE: The uninstalled bus port is placed further back and the graphics card looks like it would fit right over it if a Bus Port was there)

Or do I have to get the port installed? If the latter is required, Where do you suggest that I get the Bus Port installed?

Hope I provided enough information,
    ~Simi

P.S. If your going to suggest a store, please use a common one (such as Circuit City or Best Buy, etc.)
    " When the rich wage war its the Poor who die "
            Linkin Park

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door. -- Lauren

You cannot buy your friends but you can buy them pizza - AzureBlade49

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: PCI-E Bus Slot for NVidia Ge-Force 8500 not installed?
    « Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 06:58:10 PM »
    You may have to get by with a Regular PCI Graphics Adapter, but standard PCI will not work well with todays games. Your system is lacking a 16x PCI-E slot which is required for the video card/ graphics adapter and you cant just add PCI-E slots. Easiest way to upgrade and get PCI-E would be to replace the motherboard with one that does have PCI-E 16x.

Sorry for the bad news!

liambiscuit

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 08:20:20 PM »
      Well... How much would that cost to replace the MBoard?
              Linkin Park

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door. -- Lauren

brett74

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 08:44:12 PM »
        it depends on what you would like to do with it.Also what cpu do you have? That will also determine what mobos to buy cause you have the intel and amd cpu

liambiscuit

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 07:01:30 AM »
          Well i would like it to fit the NVidia 8500 card, the processor is an Intel Celeron... Not sure the exact type...

(if i wasn't that helpful, don't be angry; I'm a newb at computer hardware :P)
                  Linkin Park