Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer powers, no screen.  (Read 2781 times)

Resurge

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Computer powers, no screen.
    « on: May 20, 2008, 12:03:24 AM »
    Don't know if I'm posting in the right area but I'm going to anyway,

I shut my computer down after being on for a week. I went to turn it on the next day but it will not show a loading screen or any boot up. The fan comes on but i don't hear any beeps from the hard drive. I cant remember if it beeped before, i think it did. But there is just a blank screen.
    I tested with another monitor and no luck, also tried pulling out the video card and no luck. Tried swapping hdd's, no luck.
    My power supply recently blew, it was a 400w , so i got another one... 530w. Don't know if this will make a diff. but yeah.

Any suggestions, thanks.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer powers, no screen.
    « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 07:35:12 AM »
    Maybe something other than the power supply itself caused the power supply to blow... Maybe the new supply is blown as well ( partialy ) with a low 3.3V, 5V, or 12V etc.

I'd swap power supplies if you have a spare or buy a cheap POST Diagnostics card to point out the error further such as this card....

http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=195001

I have this card and it is perfect for pinpointing issues that dont point you in a direction as to the true problem, when there could be almost any problem that is not straight forward at this point. Some top end motherboards come with this integrated into them as a bonus feature such as my A-Bit Fatal1ty motherboard. You could be looking at a Motherboard shot ( it will likely point out the probelm on the motherboard with what is not initializing or in a hung state ), CPU shot, power supply ( low voltage conditon ), and on and on.... This would point out the issue further.