Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Rough time signing onto Windows  (Read 2174 times)

forcheck

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Rough time signing onto Windows
    « on: May 25, 2008, 07:05:08 PM »
    Hi Everyone, I am new here hope I can be of help to someone but right now I need Your help. Everytime I shut the pc down or i restart I have a real hard time getting back in. I either get a message stating that, cd disc read error occured please hit ctl+alt+delete. I can do this 20 times with no success. Or I get the message stating; Intell R Boot Agent Version 4.0.22 copywrite (C) 1997 2001, Intell Corporation

Intell base code PXE-2.0. ( build 083 ) copywrite ( C ) 1997 2001 intell corporation

Client Mac addr 00 07 e9 9c f2 3a guide 80c47cb6-de1d-b211-8000-ec2e9b808ed9

pxe-mof exiting intell pxe rom

Reboot and select propper boot device or insert boot media in select boot device. I can do this over and over until I get lucky and windows opens. I was told 2 things, to take my pc's side off and unplug the hard drive and the cd rom drive and plug them back in or to replace the hard drive. Which should I do? I have a gatewat desktop what hard drives would be compatible. My son said that i can have the hard drive from his x-box. Is this possible and compatible. Thanks all

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Rough time signing onto Windows
    « Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 08:26:44 PM »
    Go to BIOS. Make sure, that the boot order reads: floppy, CD, HD
    Disable Boot from Network (wording is different on every machine, may say Integrated NIC, Network, PXE-xxxxxxx)

forcheck

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:21:49 AM »
      how do you find bios

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 07:34:40 AM »
      What's the make and model of the motherboard?

If it's an Intel board (which is what it seems you're referring to), you press F2 at the first splash screen when you turn on your computer (the Intel screen).

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 09:57:21 AM »
      When your computer starts, watch the black screen. It should show, briefly, at the bottom, something like: "Press 'some key' to enter setup".