Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: runtime error, urgent help needed  (Read 3369 times)

Kaytee

runtime error, urgent help needed
« on: February 16, 2005, 11:10:14 AM »
I have windows xp, and in the last couple of weeks, every time i go into Microsot word it randomly comes up with a 'runtime error abnormal program termination error'

I have seen messages which are alot like the message i get, but the root problem of these other ones is the internet, but although i do have broadband is is not ever connected when the message comes up.

It is vital that i get this sorted out, as i am doing my English exam in school and i really need to be able to redraft my essays but this is impossible, as when it termanates the emergancy document recovery is not working either

if you know what the cause of this proble is then please reply, the message i get is a bit like this, although the location of the drive (in itallics) may not be exactly as i have written, as, as i have said above the message comes up randomly and i don't know the next time it will appear!

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFTWORKSAbnormal program termination

please reply is you have an idea on how to fix this problem

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: runtime error, urgent help needed
    « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 11:59:16 AM »
    Kaytee......Which program are you using ?  You mention M/S Word ( which is part of the M/S office package ) ....but at the end of your post you mention the error as refering to M/S works .......
    Perhaps you could clarify this for us .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

ricky1me

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 12:24:55 PM »
    Hi, Please go to:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbhowto
    and paste the exact error message in the search screen and see what you come up with...

kaytee

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 01:15:32 PM »
    i meant M/S word, oops  *censored* i can't edit the post but the works bit was a mistake sorry

viking

Adviser
    • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
      « Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 05:58:18 AM »
      Can you reinstall the Office suite? (or just Microsoft Word?)
      Do you have the cds with Word?

Zzyzx

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 06:53:02 AM »
      If you do install the entire Office suite or just Word, also go to:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

and get the latest updates for your version. Microsoft updates Office frequently but rarely tells users where/how to get the updates.