Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hard disk not detected  (Read 1939 times)

elabass

Topic Starter

hard disk not detected
    « on: June 20, 2008, 12:57:07 PM »
    i do hope that you are ok.
    i have a dell optiplex gx270,it was working properly so i did want to install a new harddisk. i tried to conect that new hdd to the machine as slave so that i can transfar my data because the windows xp
    that i was using was not functioning well due to virus.the result was that the speed of tranfering data was bit slow, then i decided to remove both of those hdd to another machine so that i can transfer my data quickly.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM when i returned my hdd to ITS ORIGINAL MACHINE,dell optplex gx270 for new installation of windows, the machine did then not detect its  hdd.i replaced the hdd data bus from IDE1 to IDE 2 then it worked and i did the same to cd rom data bus but it didn't work
    .so  i what idi discovered is that the problem is not to that hdd and data bus but the IDE1 SLOT.

what i wanted is to connect 2 cd rooms and 2 hdd but now i can connect only 2 devices instead of 4. this due to that the IDE 1 slot doesn't work.
    what should i do? to my dell optiplex gx270

xavier

Re: hard disk not detected
    « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 05:08:44 PM »
    Hope im reading into this correctly? You can buy a pci ata to a ide card.New egg.com