Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows XP Activation  (Read 2211 times)

Denzle

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Windows XP Activation
    « on: June 22, 2008, 03:58:23 PM »
    alright i was an idiot i got windows XP Home edition illegally off the internet, and everything sucked. My computer had so many problems it was unbearable. I only had it for 30 days and i had error after error, and i only had it for 30 days because the windows activation crack i got didnt work. When i logged on it still asked me to Activate it so id click Yes (otherwise it would log me off) and a windows popped up saying windows is already activated so i click ok and it starts normally but after 30 days i lick ok and it logs me off anyways i start in safe mode same thing, the crack sucked. So i didnt want to deal with any of that crap again so i went out and bought a legit copy of Windows XP Pro but it wont work i cant open explorer or any thing else to access the CD. I've tried booting from disc but but but when it says "press any key to boot from disc..." i press enter and it just freezes there ive waited 2 hours (went to see the Hulk,that movie rocks) and still nothing. I tried to do the right thing since the wrong obviously doesn't work. Whats wrong here? Please Help.
    "i became insane over long intervals of horrible sanity"
                                                                     -Edgar Allen Poe

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Windows XP Activation
      « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 05:03:25 PM »
      Go here...

http://bootdisk.com/

Download the disks for XP and do a complete format of the drive.

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Denzle

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 08:18:44 PM »
        my computer wont boot from disc thats the main problem here because i have a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro but i cant use it because the computer wont boot from disc or it doesn't give me Explorer or the task manager to open explorer so...

i had an idea that maybe i could take 1 of the hard drives from my computer put it in another then use the other computer to clear the partition n my hard drive then repeat for my 2nd hard drive. would this work and how would i do it im not so good with hooking up hard drives, too many power supply cords.
                                                                         -Edgar Allen Poe

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 08:58:35 PM »
          If you have access to another computer then you can remove the hard drive that has Windows on it / connect it to another pc via an external drive case / right click My Computer/ choose Manage / choose Disk Management / right-click the external drive / choose delete partition.

Alan <><  ;D
          I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

JJ 3000

Egghead
          • Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 01:11:48 AM »
          Are you changing the boot order in BIOS or are you just inserting the disk and rebooting? If you change the boot order and save changes, then your hard drive should not have anything to do with the inability to boot from the optical drive. Can you hear the disk spinning in the drive? Have you been inside the case recently?
          Save a Life!
          Adopt a homeless pet.
          http://www.petfinder.com/

Denzle

Topic Starter

Rookie
            « Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:21:46 AM »
            yeah I've tried that too changing the devices to bot to ONLY disc but still it just freezes and no i don't hear the disc (or anything in the Disc drive) spinning. Can i hook up th hard drive internally i don't have any external hard drive hook ups that i know of, this wont hurt my parents' computer will it?
                                                                             -Edgar Allen Poe

JJ 3000

Egghead
            • Experience: Familiar
            « Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »
            If you don't hear the disk spinning in the drive, then it sounds like a hardware issue. When was the last time any CD (like a game or music CD) worked in that drive? If the computer has two optical drives make sure you are putting the disk in the master drive(usually the top one). If you don't have two optical drives then maybe you could try to swap a known good one into your computer. Once you have installed Windows then you can swap it back.
            Save a Life!
            Adopt a homeless pet.
            http://www.petfinder.com/