Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB HD doesn't work after video card install!  (Read 2197 times)

slappy

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    USB HD doesn't work after video card install!
    « on: June 24, 2008, 05:28:44 PM »
    Hello People!

I have a problem I haven't been able to solve, so I thought I would let the forum see if they could help me.  I have a amd xp 1200 cpu, 768mb ram, 20gb HD, 80gb HD, 250gb usb HD, biostar geforce fx5200 video card, running xp pro 2002, sp2.  I recently installed this video card and now I can't read my usb hd.  (I also upgraded to firefox 3, but don't think this is the problem)  I upgraded all my drivers and reinstalled everything but still no usb HD.  It works fine with my old cirrus logic 2mb video card but when new card is installed it doesn't want to work.  (old card was pci and new card is agp if it matters)  External drive shows up in my computer but can't access it because of an I/O error.  Device manager shows everything is fine.  I have tried new drivers, old drivers, installing, reinstalling bios upgrade and everthing else I could think of but the usb hd is inaccessible with the new video card.  Any suggestions or advice is deeply appreciated!!!
    The more I learn the less I know

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: USB HD doesn't work after video card install!
      « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 08:07:48 AM »
      If you have any data on the drive, copy it to another location then try reformatting the drive on the problem computer.

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!