Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Speakers  (Read 2668 times)

MattC

Computer Speakers
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:23:56 AM »
Tried to connect another set of speakers from an old stereo to my computer. The idea was to have the speakers set up outdoors to enable me to listen to all my digital music files outside. All speakers are sucessfully connected to the computer. The speakers work however the level of volume is very low. Everything I do to try and turn them up wont work.. Help Please?

Fred8

Rookie

Re: Computer Speakers
    « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 07:49:25 AM »
    How big is your sound card..??
    If it's not big enough...go for a 5-1 or a 7-1.
    Not saying it 'll work..... but it might.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:59:19 AM »
    If you go to your sound card settings, you should be able to turn it up. For example I use Realtek.

Also, make sure the tuner on the speakers is set to max and the volume control in Windows is set to max.

Maksim

Hopeful
      « Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 12:56:32 PM »
      Try amping those puppies up. Add an amplifier to your computer system, that should give you a boost and also it depends on the sound card. what type do you have? The way i did mine is i got a car audio amplfier, cheap one 300 some watts, and took the audio coming out of the computer into the amplifier and from the amp hooked all my speakers up, and for the power, i went to good will and got a $3 12v adapter and it works. Great for Parties outside and etc. Sounds like you are in a stadium. My volume is mid-way and its LOUD. try it out.

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 08:07:39 PM »
      Yeah u need a amp in there...

Onboard and most sound cards aren't pre amped and seriously underpowered for that kind of job...
      If possible get a new lead that takes the 3.5MM jack to a dual (right and left channel) RCA cord (more commolny known as 'white and red' on a dvd/playstation/xbox/VCR cable) and feed this to your AUX ports on your stereo (if it has them) and the stereo will serve as your amp! great huh?

all the best,
      Kurtis