Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC starts when plugged in  (Read 3337 times)

wozza

PC starts when plugged in
« on: February 21, 2005, 04:45:18 AM »
Hi,

My PC has developed unique way of starting up. As soon as I plug in the PC it fires up...I don't need to press the on/off switch. When I shut down I can here a sound like a motor or fan trying to run so I just pull out the plug from the socket. As soon as I plug it back in it fires up again.

The machine runs with no probs when booted up. I have checked all connectors from the on/ off switch are correct on the motherboard...all seems Ok.

Any ideas ?

Sesshy

Re: PC starts when plugged in
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 05:06:09 AM »
All I can say is... that's really, really odd. XD Looking beyond a physical/hardware cause of the problem, I'd play around with the power settings in your BIOS and see where that gets you. o.o

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 06:23:19 AM »
Sounds like it wants use... lol  Now, let's try this... How do you shut it down? Do you shut it down properly? or, do you unplug it from the wall to turn it off?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

wozza

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 06:36:27 AM »
I always let Window 98 shut it down properly. However when the machine switches off it maked a noise like a motor or fan trying to run. Then I have to pull the plug.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 07:05:07 AM »
It sounds like the power switch is not poping out all the way, and is pushing in, which is why it wants to turn itself on...

[glb]Flame[/glb]