Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Am I Getting Normal Burning Speeds. Log Inside  (Read 2741 times)

thadueceoneo

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Am I Getting Normal Burning Speeds. Log Inside
    « on: July 16, 2008, 01:07:22 PM »
    i just recently started using my burning software to burn dvd's as i did in the past but for some reason it seems like it's taking longer than usual. i usually remember a session taking about 10 mins at the most now im getting 19-25. ( i could be wrong its been that long) i tried changing the PIO Mode to DMA but no difference, i cut down on the running processes on my system too. anyway somebody could help me out. thanks in advance.

Dias de verano

Re: Am I Getting Normal Burning Speeds. Log Inside
    « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 02:21:13 PM »
    It's running at a little over 1x speed, which is why it took 18 minutes to write 1.63 GB. How old is your burner?

thadueceoneo

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 04:23:30 PM »
      http://www.everex.com/products/ga3400/ga3400.htm

that's the model there. haven't had it more than 1 year and a half, 2 maybe. i know it wouldn't take that long to burn dvd's in the past so it has to be something with the system i would think ???.

thadueceoneo

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 04:28:24 PM »
        now that i'm remembering this happened after i updated windows frame.net to 2.0 i think!

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 07:56:24 PM »
        Uninstall it in add/remove and re-boot and see if it goes back to normal.
        With burners there are tons of factors that can cause problems so let's start with the process of elimination which is what has changed since this started...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

thadueceoneo

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 01:22:52 PM »
          alright i tried doing the following which did not work: tried removing previously installed apps. disk defrag which it needed bad. (first time i've ran it since i bought the computer. removed all spy ware using xoft. and still its running the same speed. i read somewhere about replacing your IDE cable. what next.

Dias de verano

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 01:29:45 PM »
          Buy another DVD burner. They are so cheap now, and that model is not exactly new. Get a new IDE cable if there is not one in the box. I always put a new cable on a new drive.

thadueceoneo

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 03:53:44 PM »
            ok i got it.  ;D alright i thought i was changing my secondary channel to DMA mode which it wasnt letting me do at the time, so i went ahead and uninstalled the driver>rebooted the pc, it re installed the driver and set it back to dma mode 4 default. so now im getting an avg burn rate of 7x which is taking 4 to 5 mins a dvd now. thanks for the help!!