Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: game always crashes and nothing is working  (Read 3930 times)

cody

game always crashes and nothing is working
« on: February 24, 2005, 08:22:48 PM »
i recently installed a few games on my computer (blood and duke nukem 3d) but everytime i try to play them, they freeze after a few minutes of play.  i tried everything i could find but nothing works.  ms-dos keeps saying the files couldn't be found, and everytime i try to close those tsr thingies the computer either freezes or (if it doesn't freeze) the game won't work because i closed all the stuff.  it is incredibly aggravating i can't think of anything else to try, or maybe someone could just tell me what i'm doing wrong?  any help would be extremely appreciated, thanks

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: game always crashes and nothing is working
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 08:20:47 AM »
I need some additional information... Which operating system are you using? Also, how much RAM do you have installed? Also, what is your processor speed? It sounds to me like your computer does not meet the the system specs. that the game calls for...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Cody

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 11:07:50 PM »
i'm using windows 98 (the operating system the game was designed for), i have 48 mb of ram, and the processor speed is a pentium 2 processor (if that's what you mean by processor speed

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 12:34:28 AM »
    cody.....I'm not a gamer , but 48mb isnt a lot of Ram .....it might be a idea to check your games and see what the minimum system requirements for them are .......Also check the game makers website .....there may be patches available for that game.

Hope this helps you

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 12:34:45 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 12:42:59 PM »
    I agree... I think that you NEED 128 MB of RAM at LEAST...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

NaturalBornCamper

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 04:03:41 PM »
    mmm...
    I'm not so sure, Duke Nukem 3D and blood are indeed old games playable in DOS and sometimes needed only 640k or RAM, I'm pretty sure 48 MB is enough, I used to play Quake in Windows with only 16 MB RAM and a pentium 1 133 MHz.
    I'd say your computer looks fine.

Have you tried restarting in ms-dos and try running the game just to see if the same problem occurs?

And MS-DOS says wich files are missing? maybe your missing some texture or sound files...