Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help! Grpahics card issues 0.o Blank screen after windows load screen...  (Read 2954 times)

Mousey

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Please read all..

Ok, i have a GeForce FX 5200 graphics card and a Dell Dimension 300 computer and monitor.

Problem::
    This computer has an onboard graphics card which isnt good enough for the games i want to play, so i bought the geforce graphics card. I realised that my monitor was VGA and the card was DVI. I fixed that by getting a dvi/vga connector lead. I disabled the inboard graphics card, and inserted my geforce card. I booted windows and it worked ok apart from the resolution being huge. Then a ' found new harware' popup appeared and i followed the intruction booklet which said what to do with this popup. It said it needed to search for drivers to run the hardware, so i put the drver CD in. It started intalling, i went upstairs and when i came back down, there was a blank screen with a flashing white line in the top left corner. I turned the computer off and then on again. When it came back on, it showed the windows load screen, and as soon as windows loaded, the screen went black. there is not mouse and the keyboard doesnt work. It does this everytime i boot with the card in. I read the instruction booklet and it said to boot into safe mode. i hold down the F8 key and i click safe mode. it then goes into another screen that says ' choose which system you want to boot' i choose my computer and click enter. It then comes up with a screen full of white writing, is this right?

I dont know what to do because the card SHOULD be working, and it says to install the drivers when the card is in. also im not too sure how to boot into safe mode... ive taken the card out again and the computer works fine...

ANY advice/help appreciated! thankyou
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:30:09 AM by Mousey »

pakupakupaku

Rookie

Re: Please help! Blank screen after windows load screen...
      « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 04:29:27 PM »
      youve done it right those writings were actually telling you that your at safe mode already, you were suppose to uninstall or rollback the driver that you installed and maybe perhaps get a better updated driver from www.nvidia.com.

Mousey

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

still nedd help with black screen of Dooooom!