Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Receiving SOME email messages in Outlook express  (Read 2743 times)

Graham

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Some have no knowledge, others thank God, have.
    Receiving SOME email messages in Outlook express
    « on: August 02, 2008, 08:36:43 AM »
    Hi people,
                     I help teach elderly people to access the Internet and use email (all at a fairly low level). In the course of doing this I  receive regular email messages in my Outlook Express from some of the students.  The strange thing is some of them do not show any message in the body of the email. When I open the message it actually tells me in the blue title bar that it is sent in Unicode (UTF-8).  If I go into View and encoding I can select a code to read it(even though there are strange characters in addition to the message).  All the students use a basic site  called www.myguide.gov.uk as their email supplier but not all their messages to me are hidden.  There seems to be no way I can alter "sending" codes in myguide so that is not an option. I am told that Outlook Express is technically very clever (I'm not) and will recognise different codes and translate them in order that I can read the messages.  This does not seem to be happening (but only sometimes) in this case.  So, once again it is over to you clever lot to advise please.

Thanks a lot.

Graham.