Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Attn:  Joleen, or someone who can help.    (Read 3654 times)

EaglesfanPhila

Attn:  Joleen, or someone who can help.  
« on: February 28, 2005, 06:44:53 AM »
I installed Windows XP without a problem.  It works great.  The only problem I'm having is that my printer is not printing properly.  It goes through the motions but nothing is printing on the paper.  Is this a driver problem or what do you think it could be?  This started happening after the conversion to XP.  

I checked the Lexmark website, and it states that my printer is compatible with XP.  The printer is a Lexmark X5150.   Any advice or troubleshooting knowledge you can give would be a big help.  
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 06:45:14 AM by EaglesfanPhila »

Computer_Commando

Re: Attn:  Joleen, or someone who can help.  
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 08:18:23 AM »
Did you "Add Printer" drivers into WinXP?  

EaglesfanPhila

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 08:29:01 AM »
Did you "Add Printer" drivers into WinXP?  

Well, I have the printer software disk that comes with it and I installed it the same as I did when I had windows 98.  It worked fine with 98 but it's not working correctly with XP.  

Joleen

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 09:42:24 AM »
Check to see if it's in offline mode and that it's set to default.  Will it print if you do a test print?  The system sees it when you add printer and ask the system to autodetect?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 12:57:46 PM »
Are your printer cartridges empty? Also, have you downloaded the LATEST driver from the Lexmark website? It says that your printer is compatible, but that could be with the new drivers... It sounds like you have installed the OLD drivers...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

EaglesfanPhila

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 07:33:44 AM »
I fixed the problem guys.  I had to uninstall the printer and then reinstall the software again.  I spoke with the Lexmark people.  It worked.  I'm fine now.  

XP is working fine.  Thanks for your help, and advice on everything within the last week.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 07:35:48 AM by EaglesfanPhila »