Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help please> 2 gb on 9 gb harddrive  (Read 2833 times)

Andrew Zijoud

Help please> 2 gb on 9 gb harddrive
« on: March 01, 2005, 10:01:28 PM »
OKay so the other day i was recovering the files originally on the computer when i got it through the computers recover cd.. And it says something about the hardrive not being connected and having to choose these other things, i remember seeing the words allocation drivers Also there was a blank screen and the computer typed i really hate you and am going to made this difficult for you as if it hadc a mind of its own. ::)

So now the computer says there is only 2.5 gb on the hard drive and its a huge 9.6 gb actually. So i need the other space i will destroy something if im stuck with 2.5 gb, so anyways.. if you know what i did and how i can fix it that would be great  ???

NaturalBornCamper

Re: Help please> 2 gb on 9 gb harddrive
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 12:09:24 PM »
lol, looks like a virus or some hidden files to me.
Did your recovering CD formatted your hard-drive also or did it only overwrite everything?
Maybe the recovering CD has put all your ancient stuff in one large file.
Try displaying hiden files and serach for a large file in start->search->search by size or look for a hidden folder in your hard drive root.

If you just used the recovery CD, it is likely that you don't have anything important, so I would recommand you formatting manually your hard drive by reinstalling Windows XP yourself if your comfortable with this kind of operation. If not, believe me, installing Windows XP is REALLY easy, everuthing is done almost automatically and the installation software has a formatting tool and it will ask you if you want to do that, just say yes and reformat in FAT32 file format, not in NTFS.