Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Imprints left on my screen.....  (Read 4294 times)

Rich McDowell

Imprints left on my screen.....
« on: March 02, 2005, 11:15:16 PM »
ok...here's the deal.

Just recently, in the last few weeks, i will get this "matrix-ey" looking imprint of whatever window i had open on my desktop.  It also appears in games, not as an imprint, but as a checkerboard looking artifact.  I think the problem is video card related, but im not sure.  I have updated and rolled back my driver to my card, and neither helped.  It seems to clear itself up given time but will re-appear.  After a while, i can take a reduced window from explorer and "erase" the imprints as if the window was an eraser.  I can only do this after a period of time has passed.  If i try this right after appears, then it just makes a yellow smudgy mess inside of the explorer window that i use to try and erase it....if this makes sense.  

I have run an up to date virus scan..nothing.  Updated bios...no help.  Opened my case and gave it a good dusting, including removing memory sticks and the vid card.  If anyone else has experienced these problems, or if you need more clarification (as its difficult to describe and im not smart enuff to know how to capture the image on screen and post it here) let me know....its really getting old.

system specs:
hp 552w
pentium IV 2.0
radeon 9800 pro 128
768 ram

Thanks in advance....

Rich

Rich McDowell

Re: Imprints left on my screen.....
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 11:22:47 PM »
oh....and i can similarly drag a desktop icon around and it leaves trails....trippy, but annoying.

Rich McDowell

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 11:28:54 AM »
anyone.....anyone....bueller

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 02:35:51 PM »
What if you only show a white background on your desktop... Is the "ghost" of the image still on your screen? Also, does this happen on any other monitor?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Rich McDowell

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 11:07:07 PM »
ok..maybe i can be a little more descriptive...

i changed my desktop to a white background and it still did it.

it left yellow vertical stripes with imprints from a yahoo page in the stripes.

During gaming, this appears as a checkerboard glitch all over most of the screen, sometimes accompanied by blue vertical stripes in the same places as the yellow ones would have shown if not in game.

i dont have another monitor to test if its the monitor or not, but my gut tells me its the card...but not sure if its software related or if its just on its way out...but i could be wrong, im admittedly as useful as a monkey and a keyboard.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 07:00:54 PM »
Rich... Please see my E-Mail messages for more information...

[glb]Flame[/glb]