Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to get pictures from cell phone camera to my laptop.  (Read 3532 times)

jimpl

Topic Starter

Beginner

Trying to get pictures from cell phone camera to my laptop.
    « on: August 29, 2008, 09:21:44 AM »
     I have an HP Pavilion dv8130us. It came with Bluetooth and I turned it off a long time ago. I have since then done a lot of things to my computer such as replacing hard drives, OS and such.
      Well now I want to retrieve pics from my cell phone camera. It also has blue tooth.
    I looked at my drivers and didn't see anything so I went to HP website to get the drivers.
      Now I have a bluetooth icon in the lower right corner of my desktop but when I right click on it, it says"bluetooth device not found"
      How do I proceed with investigating my bluetooth device?
      Jim

running  XP Pro.  my wireless internet works, and is turned on. I look at the HP Wireless Assistant and the bluetooth is listed but I don't see an option to turn it on.

aslater

Beginner

• A little knowledge is a dangerous thing-that's me!
      Re: Trying to get pictures from cell phone camera to my laptop.
      « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 10:15:28 AM »
      Have you tried e-mailing your picture (from your cell phone) to yourself? If you can't, can you send it to someone who has the cell phone with that capability? It seems to me these would be the "easier" answers to the immediate problem.

ASlater

hmar

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:12:32 AM »
        As far as the blue tooth goes, can you see it in device manager? Does the computer have a physical switch for blue tooth? for the pics, you can usually send a text / pix message to an email address, even if you don't have email on the phone.

jimpl

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:33:33 PM »
          1. There is no physical switch. (the wireless switch does the wilan and bluetooth I think)
          2. This is not for a particular picture in my phone. I'm trying to get it working so I can use it in the future.
          3. I tried the email thing but baybe not correctly. I selected a picture and sent to. I put in my email address and got something like "not a valid address" which can't be right because I use it every day.
          4. Bluetooth is in the device manager, but only lists a driver.
            Jim

jimpl

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 04:18:37 PM »
            OK
             I kept playing with it and I got the Bluetooth working!  In the HP Wireless Assistant, I looked at "properties" and selected separate controls for the Bluetooth and the wireless lan.
             There it was! The turn bluetooth on button!
               There was a set up wizard that had lots of stuff I don't understand, so I went with all the default settings.
             Now to try the camera phone again.
              Jim