Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Disapearing Article  (Read 2234 times)

Dr Ellingsworth

Topic Starter

Rookie

Disapearing Article
    « on: September 02, 2008, 01:07:24 PM »
    I typed in a very long article in a forum and touched the wrong thing on the key board and "ZAP" it was gone. Is there a way to retrieve it? :'( I was so upset, I ate ice cream right out of the carton last night)
    Thanks for any help you can give. I appreciate your answers
                                                                        Dr Ellingsworth

ChrisXPPro

Adviser

• Forever Learning
      • ACB Systems
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Disapearing Article
    « Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 01:16:31 PM »
    Doc

Chances are you did what I have done a few times - go to use shift for a cap letter but hit ctrl and that letter!!!  Annoying huh!

Sometimes a back button hit will get you back to your reply box and the text - if not tho I suggest two options.

1) - after a chunk of text - select and place it on clipboard.  repeat that process until the end - then even if submit fails you have your text.

2) - Even safer - keep notepad or your fave text editor handy and write in that then copy and paste - fill in for smilies if needed as last stage.

This approach will cut down on your ice cream consumption!!  ;D
    Ain't technology great - until it goes wrong!

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:58:52 PM »
    If you use Firefox, this add-on will save you in the future: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1046

steven2805

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 04:27:04 AM »
      press the Backspace button (only works if you have changed web pages by misstake). if the web browser is closed it wont work sorry.