Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mouse issues  (Read 2953 times)

FL

mouse issues
« on: March 12, 2005, 11:01:07 AM »
Here's the problem:

From a cold boot my mouse works everytime.  Now from a warm boot, the mouse will not work every second restart.  Right now, if I was to restart my system within windows, once fully booted, the mouse cursor is frozen on the screen, it won't move.  If I restart it from this state and it boots back up again, the mouse will work.  It doesn't matter if it's a usb or ps/2 mouse.
There is no spyware on my system, and I have minimal items starting up.
Any help at all with this would be appreciated.
Thanks
Frank

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: mouse issues
    « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 02:48:27 PM »
    It seem to be nothing special. Boot your PC and when your mouse doesn't work then using "Tab" and arrow keys, goto device manager and install standerd mouse drivers. Thats all.
    If you cant install the drivers then boot your PC to get mouse work. After this goto device manager and expand the "Mouse" category and remove the current mouse. Your mouse will again stop. Now refresh you PC by clicking the refresh button down of the "Device manager" dialog box( In case of windows98) or right click on the top most entity in the device list and select "scan for hardware changes" (in case of Windows XP). Windows will automatically detect and install your mouse.
    I hope that this will solve your problem.
    Do take care of you and others and be happy.
    Bye...:)
    DrWahab
    do take care of you and others

merlin_2

Re: mouse issues
    « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 05:14:43 PM »
    Which mouse............usb ..optical..etc....more data on what system is used....make/model/ and o/s........graphics....card lose.......mouse port u/s......
    bung all details down  frank...ok....m8