Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer won't turn on  (Read 2599 times)

momof3

Computer won't turn on
« on: March 13, 2005, 05:21:04 AM »
Sooooooo,
I was in safe mode cleaning my computer, which was riddled with viruses, worms, whatnot, with Kaspersky AV.  I chose the option to delete any viruses found, then turn computer off, and went to bed.  Apparently that was WRONG!  When I woke up and tried to turn the computer on, I got nothing.  I tried turning power off, then back on.  All I got was a brief flash of the Dell page, then it went black, into nothingness.  I am on my very old computer writing this in a panic, as I have lots of work to do today on my "good" computer.  Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Please forgive me if I posted in the wrong place.  I am (obviously) a newbie and have no idea what the problem is.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Computer won't turn on
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 09:34:34 AM »
How old is this computer? Can you contact Dell for help, or is your warranty used?

[glb]Flame[/glb]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 09:34:48 AM by flame »

momof3

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 01:10:38 PM »
The computer is not quite a year and half old.  Warranty is expired.  

Stickyfgz

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »
Maybe because you left it open all night the power supply overheated and crashed. What does it do does the power still on but nothing is loading and you can't see nothing on your monitor or you turn it on and it shut off itself??