Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP after using recovery disks!  (Read 2645 times)

mcatrucker

HELP after using recovery disks!
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:39:58 PM »
i got a new computer and gave my emachines T2885 Windows XP to my brother it was running great until he decided to wipe out the computer which i have done in the past with the system recovery disks that came with it and when he did this about half way thru the recovery we get a ghost.err now it won't even boot up. i have taken it to 2 gentlemen who both charged me and didn't do anything to it but 1 guy gave me a win crash CD and told me that i could get the computer back up and running with this CD. well i have no idea how to use this disk but he charged me 100.00 dollars anyway said he just didn't have the time to fix it that the disk is all i needed. well i am broke for this and still no fix for this computer. HELP!!! all i get now is black screen with flashing cursor.

GX1_Man

Re: HELP after using recovery disks!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »
Contact eMachines for a proper restore disk. Your may be damaged. It will be cheaper and easier. (Certainly cheaper than the hundreds of dollars you have already given away.)

Siscorskiy

Beginner
    Re: HELP after using recovery disks!
    « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:56:56 PM »
    dude ask a refund if they couldnt fix it...
    I help you do more by doing less.