Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Main Hard Drive Problems  (Read 3959 times)

RYan Johnson

Main Hard Drive Problems
« on: March 18, 2005, 09:02:35 AM »
I recently received a motherboard from one of my friends with an 80 gig hard drive as the main drive. I decided to switch to my old hard drive which is 20 gigs, so i can have all my desktop settings and so forth. I made sure the settings in the Bios were right but the pc wont start up afterwards. It immediatly shuts off right after the RAM check(screen turns off). I made sure it saw the 20 gig as the main drive(yes i remmembered to make the other 80 gig a slave drive) but yet it still will not boot up. Is the problem that i over looked something in the bios? Or is it the type of motherboard I used? Please email or im me(Dntmesswtheryman) or just post the answers under this topic. I'll take all the help i can get get.
thanks

Computer_Commando

Re: Main Hard Drive Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 09:30:29 AM »
Is this WinXP?  You probably have to perform a Repair Install by booting from your original WinXP CD.

ryan johnson

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 03:13:52 PM »
I tried using my xp disk to boot up the repair...but it cuts off before starting

ojas25

Apprentice

• My Computer World
    « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 10:42:21 PM »
    HI Whcih drive are you trying to boot with?
    Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers